[jakartaee-tck-dev] Seeking clarification to question about Milestone TCK releases

Hi Scott

In the EE Platform meeting yesterday I had thought that the question being asked was: what license should be applied to pre-final (e.g. Milestone) releases of TCKs. It has been suggested that there is a question about how to publish common binary artifacts that each component TCK test system may need to consume to perform the tests.

Could you please clarify -- are you asking about the requirements for publication of a pre-final TCK, or are you asking about requirements implied for a set common utility artifacts?

If you could describe the problem or potential problem you have, today, that would also be helpful.

I ask because, I believe that the TCK license just applies to tests. Not to the machinery used to run those tests. My initial reaction would be -- common binary artifacts should be licensed under the TCKs 'project license' only.

If you can, please try to clarify within the next hour since the Spec. committee begins a 9 AM pacific daylight time (65 minutes from now).

Thanks,

-- Ed

Back to the top