Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Time to start making Jakarta EE Platform TCK documentation changes...

For the wider community, I'd argue that most people use "the TCK" or "Jakarta EE TCK", or just "TCK" to refer to the Jakarta EE Platform compatibility testing suite. The term CTS or Compatibility Test Suite feels very unfamiliar and I doubt that people would adopt it. They would still keep calling it TCK as they do now. Just look at the public discussions, almost nobody uses CTS. And even the github project is called jakartaee-tck.

Therefore I'd argue to that, since Jakarta EE is now a community project, it's wiser to use the term that's used by the community rather than a historical term that was used in a "closed" era before the Java EE test suite was opensourced and the term Java EE CTS wasn't even known by many people.

Ondro

pi 25. 9. 2020 o 22:55 Lance Andersen <LANCE.ANDERSEN@xxxxxxxxxx> napísal(a):
The  unique naming for CTS and the JCK  was due to the fact that they both dealt with the platform so the idea was to let test kits stand out from the standalone test kits