Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Time to start making Jakarta EE Platform TCK documentation changes...

On 9/25/20 3:10 PM, Amelia Eiras wrote:
3.  Change to `Jakarta EE Platform TCK` seems optimal in the branding side.  Scalable naming in Jakarta EE rebranding matters greatly for many business reasons... it ought to also protect the +7000 votes community votes that push Jakarta EE name forward.   Having the name be a part of the TCK is a win in the short and long term goals..

Thanks for voting Amelia!

I am going to start tracking votes via tracking issue https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/527#issuecomment-699131784 and recorded your vote there.

Wishing everyone a restful weekend ahead,

+1

Scott

Amelia Eiras
twitter.com/ameliaeiras <https://twitter.com/ameliaeiras>
Tribe:http://tomitribe.com <http://tomitribe.com/> https://tribestream.io <https://tribestream.io/> OSS:http://microprofile.io <http://microprofile.io/> https://jakarta.ee <https://jakarta.ee/>

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 9:05 AM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 9/25/20 6:51 AM, Lance Andersen wrote:

     >> On Sep 24, 2020, at 9:11 PM, Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
     >> <mailto:smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
     >>

     >> On 9/24/20 2:14 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
     >>> Hi,
     >>> I'm going to make a first pass through to review the Platform TCK
     >>> documentation.
     >>
     >> Should we refer to CTS or Platform TCK in the TCK User Guide?  For
     >> example, from TCKpreface.adoc [1]:
     >>

     > Well I am kind of biased and prefer CTS 😎
     >
     > Now for the Java SE platform, Java Compatibility Kit as I am sure
    you
     > are aware.  CTS was always considered unique given the number of
     > technologies that made up Java EE
     >
     > If you want to shed ties to the Java EE CTS completely, I think some
     > like Jakarta EE Compatibility Kit is fine.

    Thanks, so some options (so far) from your response:

    1.  Keep the current doc reference to `Compatibility Test Suite (CTS)`.
    2.  Change to `Jakarta EE Compatibility Kit (JEECT or EECT or CK)`.
    3.  Change to `Jakarta EE Platform TCK`

    Scott

     >> `
     >> This book introduces the Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) for the
     >> Jakarta Platform, Enterprise Edition 9
     >> (Jakarta EE 9) and Jakarta Platform, Enterprise Edition 9 Web
    Profile
     >> (Jakarta EE 9 Web Profile), and
     >> explains how to configure and run the test suite. It also provides
     >> information for troubleshooting
     >> problems you may encounter as you run the test suite.
     >>
     >> The Jakarta Platform, Enterprise Edition 9 Compatibility Test Suite
     >> (Jakarta EE 9 CTS) is a portable,
     >> configurable automated test suite for verifying the
    compatibility of

    https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/user_guides/jakartaee/src/main/jbake/content/TCKpreface.adoc__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!Nl_yDanzkUItMgzIJ4lPaAgIc1g2T_dv0vwoSwaigkLARBsl8vDEyUA_ouyt0do0PQ$

    <mailto:Lance.Andersen@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Lance.Andersen@xxxxxxxxxx>>