Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Release of 8.0.2 platform TCK...

Does this mean that for the 8.0.2 TCK release, we should use the 8.0.1
tag + only the test exclusion but not the other changes that have been
made since the 8.0.1 tag?

If yes, should we do some branching now, perhaps:

1.  Rename the current master to be an EE 9 branch (ee4j_9?).
2.  Create a new master branch to use for the 8.0.2 release, based on
the 8.0.1 tag.

Then, after the 8.0.2 TCK is released, we can rename branches further
depending on what works best (e.g. rename ee4j_9 back to master if
that is better).

Also, should we keep the current EE 8 Jenkins TCK jobs and create new
ones for EE 9?  Or do we move the current Jenkins jobs forward to EE 9
and call 8.0.2 the last (Jakarta EE 8) TCK release?

Scott

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:07 PM Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We agreed in the spec committee meeting this morning that TCK for existing
> specs can only be updated to exclude tests, and that new tests need to be
> added to the TCK for a new spec revision.
>
> So yes, target PR#315 to Jakarta EE 9.

Back to the top