Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] com/sun/ts/tests/signaturetest/javaee/JavaEESigTest.java#signatureTest_from_servlet failure due to Deprecated annotation added to ServletRequest.java...

So many issues here...

The EE4J_8 branch should've been merged into master by now.

Jakarta EE 8 is supposed to be the same as Java EE 8.  Neither the Java EE 8 API docs nor the Java EE 8 Servlet specification document have any indication of deprecating the ServletContext.getRealPath method.  If that was "supposed" to have been done for Java EE 8, it wasn't, and now we have to live with that.

Adding the @Deprecated annotation in 4.0.3 would fail the signature test and thus would not be compatible with the Servlet 4.0 spec.  This change would need to wait until Servlet 4.1.

If 4.0.2 has all the changes for Jakarta EE 8, it's fine to do advance work for a future 4.0.3, but that work probably shouldn't be done on master, and obviously that work would need to be compatible with Servlet 4.0.  And of course testing for Jakarta EE 8 should be done against the version that has all the changes needed for Jakarta EE 8.