Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Where are the sources for the JAXWS standalone TCK...

Hi Alwin,

On 3/18/19 11:25 PM, Alwin Joseph wrote:
Hi Scott,

The standalone TCKs are built using script [1]. This is run as a part of the job [2] and available at the location [3].

Thanks, that makes sense now for the JAXWS source location, I missed that "se" marks a source folder that also contains standalone TCK sources.

Are some of the standalonetck-nightly-build-run [2] jobs expected to be against older versions of the jakartaee-tck [4] repo?

For example, I just downloaded the standalone websocket TCK and it seems to be from older source. I'd like to be able to download the latest Jakarta EE 8 standalone TCKs, rather than having to build them locally. Is that the intention or should I really be building them?

I did:

wget https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/nightly/websockettck-1.1_latest.zip

And then used "meld" to compare my local jakartaee-tck [4] source against the downloaded zip for class com.sun.ts.tests.websocket.ee.javax.websocket.remoteendpoint.async.WSCServerSideServer and the source doesn't seem to contain changes made recently, some different lines are:

From jakartaee-tck repo:

Copyright (c) 2013, 2019 Oracle and/or its affiliates and others.
protected static String sendObject(Async asyncRemote, Class<?> type) {
    try {
      Future<Void> future = null;
      if (type == byte.class) {
        byte b = -100;
        future = asyncRemote.sendObject(b);
      } else if (type == short.class) {
        short s = -101;
... more differences not pasted here to keep this brief.

From websockettck-1.1_latest.zip:

Copyright (c) 2013, 2018 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
  protected static String sendObject(Async asyncRemote, Class<?> type) {
    try {
      if (type == byte.class) {
        byte b = -100;
        asyncRemote.sendObject(b);
      } else if (type == short.class) {
        short s = -101;
... other differences not pasted here to keep this brief.

I see the same differences with https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/nightly/websockettck-1.1_latest.zip as well.

I didn't check the http://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/promoted/javaeetck.zip versus the jakartaee-tck [4] repo yet but also have the same question, as to whether that reflects the latest jakartaee-tck [4] repo, as I would like to download the latest CTS javaeetck.zip to run against, instead of building the latest CTS locally.

Thanks,
Scott

You can find the general ant commands used to build any standalone TCK as below:

1. ant -f $BASEDIR/install/$tck/bin/build.xml -Ddeliverabledir=$tck -Dbasedir=$BASEDIR/install/$tck/bin $TCK_SPECIFIC_PROPS $JAXWS_SPECIFIC_PROPS clean.all build.all.jars

2. ant -f $BASEDIR/install/$tck/bin/build.xml -Ddeliverabledir=$tck -Dbasedir=$BASEDIR/install/$tck/bin $TCK_SPECIFIC_PROPS $JAXWS_SPECIFIC_PROPS -Djava.endorsed.dirs=$BASEDIR/glassfish5/glassfish/modules/endorsed build.all

3. ant -f $BASEDIR/release/tools/build.xml -Ddeliverabledir=$tck -Dbasedir=$BASEDIR/release/tools $DOC_SPECIFIC_PROPS -Dskip.createbom="true" -Dskip.build="true" $TCK_SPECIFIC_PROPS $tck

where $tck = jaxws, for JAXWS. You would also need to set the environment variables as it is done in the build_standalone-tcks.sh

I can see the "se" folder is present at [4]. Can you please let me know if more/specific details are required.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/docker/build_standalone-tcks.sh

[2] https://jenkins.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/standalonetck-nightly-build-run/

[3] https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/nightly/

[4] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/tree/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/jaxws/se