Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Update to specification document template

Lukas Jungmann wrote on 7/18/19 2:49 PM:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/18/19 10:40 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
>> We have a fix for the above problem:
>>
>> ifeval::["{revremark}" != ""]
>> endif::[]
>
> while this definitely works, it requires passing '-Dstatus=""' to the release
> build, so in turn change in release jobs eventually

I'm expecting you'll update it in your pom.xml at the same time you update the
version number to remove "SNAPSHOT".

> to overcome this limitation, I was thinking about some "automagical" way, like
> what I've just proposed for jsonp: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonp/pull/193

Adding a script to do it doesn't exactly seem like the Maven way, and it
feels a bit over-engineered, but if you're happy with that solution that's
fine with me!

Note that I did expect the status would be set to different values at different
points during the development of the spec, e.g., "EXPERT DRAFT 1", "PUBLIC
REVIEW DRAFT", "PROPOSED FINAL DRAFT", etc.  Your scheme doesn't handle all
those cases automatically.

Maybe someone should create a plugin to derive all these values based on the
form of the version number?  :-)

Back to the top