From:        "Kevin Sutter" <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Jakarta specification discussions <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08/13/2020 11:52
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] Updated finalization steps
Sent by:        jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

After further review, I concur that the majority of that "ballot writeup" already exists in the spec finalization checklist.  But, I have found a few things that need to be added.  I will create a PR later today and ask for a review before merging.

One thing that I have found useful is the use of the spreadsheet to keep track of the votes on the specs I have initiated.  Everybody will need to keep track of this somehow, so maybe a common spreadsheet would work?  I was going to put a link into the checklist as an optional item.  But, at least check it out:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17kIjFbBOuGOv-rQvA3U_MUsNfXAyd8uzPn6h4752tok/edit#gid=961605605

As we get more and more ballots started, it might be a nice way to monitor the progress of the various specifications (especially if one of us gets incapacitated for some reason).

I'll get the PR ready later today...  Thanks!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: