Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Finding a home for Web & Mobile applications

Suren,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I don't think anybody wants to take the Web Profile away in Jakarta EE. As a matter of fact, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24239978/java-ee-web-profile-vs-java-ee-full-platform shows, in Java EE 8 the Web Profile already got a "Light variant" that is much smaller and based primarily on Servlets. We shall see a little more of that and probably a stronger distinction between a "Servlet based" profile and a "JAX-RS based" profile, because the MVC spec may use either but it only has JAX-RS as a mandatory foundation.
Whether the Servlet/JSP/JSF stack offers support for PWAs or MVC, or both, we shall see, that also depends on what the community wants and is wiling to participate in.

Regards,

Werner