[jakarta.ee-community] Finding a home for Web & Mobile applications

We use Java as a backend for a lot of applications.. Desktop, Web, Mobile, Cloud. And most of us know we're building more Web & Mobile applications (with Java/Jakarta EE as backend) than any other.

Also, i'm not sure not all of these are cloud-native.. yes "Cloud" is the next big thing and we should reflect that.. but my point is that we should not ignore "Web" and "Mobile". There is not proper home for developers to start building Web/Mobile applications using Java. None of these say anything https://jakarta.ee/https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j/charter  , https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/overview/index.html

And competition..
  • NodeJS/_javascript_ is becoming almost de-facto to build backend for websites/web-apps.
  • Beating Java, Kotlin became the first class citizen to build apps on Android (this is huge).
  • PWA (Progressive Web Apps) will soon be big.

Since JakartaEE will be the new home for enterprise java, shouldn't we reflect all those on the website's home page instead of just saying "Cloud native"?

I know with Oracle's transition there's a lot of work for our community but if we start the process, think about these and help developers.. i am open to help in anyway required.

Below screenshots of JakartaEE and .NET website home pages:

1.png

2.png

Thanks
Suren