[iot-wg] Industry 4.0/Smart Manufacturing White Paper

In our last IoT WG meeting, I brought up the topic of writing a white paper on how Eclipse IoT and in general open source software could be applied to Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing.  A rough draft of the white paper would be:

-        Identify key trends, issues and use cases

-        Discuss software requirements for Industry 4./Smart Manufacturing

-        Demonstrate how Eclipse IoT can address the requirements and trends

-        Provide a roadmap on where the Eclipse IoT community is going

-        Identify how Eclipse IoT members contribute to a total solution for Industry 4.0 / Smart Manufacturing

I know a lot has already been written on this topic so I hope to be able to reference many of these other resources. However, I think providing an open source software and Eclipse IoT perspective will be valuable.

During the meeting I asked for volunteers to help create the white paper. Dan Gross (Samsung), James Kirkland (Red Hat) and David Woodard (Eurotech) volunteered during and so has Alois Zoitl (Fortis).  If anyone else would like to participate in the project, please let me know.

As I mentioned during the call, I hope we will have something published by early Fall.

Thanks

Ian

Back to the top