[iot-wg] Fwd: IoT Community Update - May 2017

Hi everyone,

Another month gone and it keeps being busy. Here is what has happened in our Eclipse IoT Community this May. If you ever have news you’d like us to feature in the next update, email us iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

New WG Member

Community News

Case Study: Deploying Eclipse IoT on Germany's DB Railway System

https://iot.eclipse.org/resources/case-studies/Eclipse%20IoT%20Success%20Story%20-%20DB.pdf

Eclipse Kura 3.0 is available

https://www.eclipse.org/kura/downloads.php

Community Articles/Videos

Eclipse IoT Open Testbed Asset Tracking Video Demo - Benjamin Cabé

https://youtu.be/1VIDLuUucug

What Mother Nature Can Teach the IoT Industry

http://openmobilealliance.hs-sites.com/blog/what-mother-nature-can-teach-the-iot-industry

Events

We were at three awesome events this month, where we demoed the new Open Eclipse IoT Testbed on Asset Tracking Management

- Red Hat Summit in the IoT Partner Showcase (May 2-4)

- ARTIK Summit @ Samsung (May 15)

- IoT World 2017 with IOTRACKS (May 16-18)

We will be hosting two Eclipse IoT Days this fall. Eclipse IoT Day @ ThingMonk and the Eclipse IoT Day @ EclipseCon Europe. If you’d like to talk at these events, the CFPs are open (links below). If you’d like to sponsors these events, email iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Upcoming Conferences/Events

EclipseCon France 2017

June 21-22 | Toulouse, France

https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2017/

IoT Slam® Live 2017

June 21-22 | North Carolina, USA

http://iotslam.com/

Eclipse IoT Day @ Thingmonk

September 11 | London, UK

http://thingmonk.com/

IoT World Congress

October 3-5 | Barcelona, Spain

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/

Eclipse IoT Day @ ECE 2017

October 24 | Ludwigsburg, Germany

https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/iot

EclipseCon Europe 2017

October 24-26 | Ludwigsburg, Germany

https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/

Call for Papers

IoT World Congress

October 3-5 | Barcelona, Spain

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/

Call For Testbeds - deadline is June 15

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/testbeds/call-for-testbeds/
Call For Awards - deadline is July 15

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/2017-call-for-iot-solutions-awards/

EclipseCon Europe 2017
October 24-26 | Ludwigsburg, Germany
https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/

Call for papers deadline is July 17

Eclipse IoT Day @ Thingmonk

September 11 | London, UK

Email us iot@xxxxxxxxxxx

Call for Papers deadline is July 31

Virtual IoT Meetup

Interested in presenting/demoing your awesome IoT project/app through a Virtual IoT meetup? Have a cool speaker/topic idea? Let us know!

Upcoming

Sep 20: Smarter Internet of Things by Stream and Event Processing w/ Istvan Rath, Incquery Labs

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/238648625/

Recently Aired

April 19: Building a Cloudless Smart Home with openHAB 2 w/ Kai Kreuzer, Deutsche Telekom

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/238648474/

April 26: IoT Developer Trends - 2017 Edition

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/239299887/

We are always open to suggestions, let us know what’s on your mind iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

Roxanne