[iot-wg] Plans for Eclipse IoT WG in 2017

All,

At our face-2-face meeting last week in Germany, we did not have time to discuss what the IoT WG would like to accomplish in 2017. Therefore, I would like to start this discussion at the next phone meeting on Nov 9.

The goal of the 2017 plan is to get feedback and agreement on the priorities for the Working Group, and in particular how Benjamin, Roxanne and myself should support the Working Group. To be clear, I do NOT believe this plan is to prioritize individual project requirements. J

In general, I think there are 3 key areas:

1.      Technology – what types of projects/technology should we actively recruit to join the Eclipse IoT community.

2.      Community – what programs should we do in 2017 to promote the community. Ex. Open IoT Challenge, IoT Developer Survey,etc.

3.      Liasons – what other groups and communities should we try to build better relationships with

For reference, here is the 2016 plan. https://wiki.eclipse.org/IoT/2016Strategy

I look forward to our conversation next week.

Regards

Ian

Back to the top