[iot-pmc] Question on an external dependency

Dear IoT-PMC,

I'm have to bother you on a somewhat tricky external dependency that we have in a contribution waiting in our Gerrit already for quite some time.

One of our committers ported 4diac FORTE to the RevolutionPI control devices from Kunbus [1]. This device is very nice as, as the name implies, is based on a
RaspberryPI and extends with an industrial grade IO interface. While porting to the device itself is pretty straight forward (i.e., arm based Debian) the
problem is the access to the IOs.

For that Kunbus provides an open source kernel driver (GPL) accessible through standard users-space interface (e.g., ioctl). However to make the live easier
they provide some helper functions and definitions (under MIT license). Sofar this sounds like a very simple works with dependency. As if a 4diac FORTE user
would like to have RevolutionPI support enabled they should need to add this support.

The problem which I currently don't know how to correctly do it is. That the dependency is in the end just two files:
   1. piControlIf.h
   2. picontrolIf.c
located in a directory of a github repo [2].

So there is no release, no version number, no lib, just the two files.

Furthermore 4diac FORTE users would need to check out a full repo just to get these two files.

Therefore my question is how to correctly report this dependency as CQ?
And is there an option to maybe even include the two files unchanged in our 4diac FORTE repo to make the life of our users easier?

Thanks in advance for your support,
Alois

[1] https://revolution.kunbus.com/
[2] https://github.com/RevolutionPi/piControl/blob/master/piTest/piControlIf.h