[iot-pmc] Advice: Why does the review approach differ between pre-req and works-with?

https://wiki.eclipse.org/IoT/PMC

Designation License Distribution Resolution
pre-req compatible any approve
pre-req incompatible Eclipse reject
pre-req incompatible Other discuss and vote
works-with any any discuss and vote

I understand the approaches here except for:

1. pre-req + compatible + any = approve
2. works-with + compatible + any = discuss and vote

Why should the hurdle here be higher for works-with rather than pre-req?   If anything it seems to me that the risk is lower for works-with, so the hurdle would be lower?  What am I missing?

Thanks!

--
Ian Craggs
Eclipse Paho Project Lead & Mosquitto Committer

Back to the top