Re: [iot-pmc] Eclipse CLA and contributions > 1000 lines

The CLA has been replaced by the ECA.

https://www.eclipse.org/legal/ECA.php

By signing the ECA, the contributor is stating:

  1. The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated in the file or
  2. The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license and I have the right under that license to submit that work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated in the file or
  3. The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it.
  4. I understand and agree that this project and the contribution are public and that a record of the contribution (including all personal information I submit with it, including my signoff) is maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with this project or the open source license(s) involved.

If you suspect that a contributor either doesn't understand, or is operating in bad faith, you should engage with the IP Team for their help to sort it out.

You do not otherwise need to reconfirm with the contributor.

Wayne