Re: [iot-pmc] Eclipse IoT metrics

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for compiling these. I can add some more details:

The lighttpd logs on mosquitto.org record on the order of 1300 unique
IP address accesses of mosquitto-1.3.5.tar.gz (i.e. the latest source
tarball) and 400 unique IP address accesses of .deb (debian packages)
and 1300 mosquitto-1.3.5*.exe (latest Windows installers) over
December, less a few days. I've not excluded bots there, it's a
straightforward grep.

The mqtt sandbox only stores logs for a week so I can't tell you about
anything in December, but the last week apparently had connections
from around 6500 unique IP addresses which seems like a lot. I think
there are quite a few instances of people spinning up a load of small
cloud instances to do testing.

On the Paho side, pypi ( https://pypi.python.org/pypi/paho-mqtt )
reckons 2500 downloads in the last month. We'll be moving mosquitto
downloads to Eclipse , but I don't believe it makes sense for the Paho
Python client.

Cheers,

Roger