Re: [incquery-dev] engine life-cycle listener

Hi,

-----incquery-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx ezt írta: -----
Anyway, what about "afterUpdate" listeners? Shouldn't they also be moved from the Matcher to the Engine? Or are they going away?
They should be deprecated or removed, along with after wipe callbacks.
Is "matchSetChanged" going to be plagued by the same caveats as "onMatchUpdate" now?
No, it is plagued by different caveats. Namely, you have no idea which match sets have changed and how.
The rest:
- If not existing yet, I suggest to add two new callbacks to IncQueryEngineManager:
-- "engineInitialized", as this is the point after which any component aware of the IncQueryEngineManager can access IncQuery's features through the engine
-- "engineRemoved"
This is getting Viatra-ish :) But I can see your point.
- change "engineDisposeCalled" to "engineDisposed"
Or engineDisposing() ?
Finally, an idea probably for the future: is there a way to "deconstruct" a single matcher and remove it from an engine?
No, not currently.
If yes, there should be a callback method for signalling the removal.
Does it make sense to add it now, anticipating a future extension of functionality?

Cheers,
Gaben

Back to the top