Re: [ice-dev] Enabling ConnectCoreAction

On 12/1/2016 9:13 AM, Ramachandran K. Narayanan wrote:
Hello Jay, Scott,

Thanks again for the links and inputs. I store an instance of RSA based on how it was outlined in Scott's code. When I try to launch via the o.e.i.product/ice.product_linux.launch file, I get Unresolved Requirement and Import-Package errors. They seem to be related to o.e.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin bundle. Changes are at

I have already added relevant packages to the Manifest files but I still get this error (please find attached the log file). Based on our earlier discussions, is this related to the RSA being started first, i.e. is it more conducive to use DS and the Reference annotation to resolve this? I hope I am not missing something obvious here.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ice.client 4 0 2016-12-01 12:02:13.455
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.ice.client [284]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin; version="1.2.0"

Is most likely caused by the org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin bundle not being in the launch config that you are using.   I can see that there is an appropriate Import-Package in your manifest for this package, so everything is obviously compiling, but when it goes to launch/start it can't find the bundle with this package and so the OSGi resolver gives the error message above.

This isn't directly related to the RSA being started first, as this resolution error occurs prior to any bundle starting (the OSGi resolver).

I would suggest looking at the contents of the launch config, and making sure that it contains the above bundle and any others required.

I had modified the Ice.product_WINDOWS.launch config (created from product config I think) in order to test locally, and that seemed to include the ECF bundles...but you may very well be using some other launch config that doesn't (or a version of above that doesn't).

Scott

Back to the top