Re: [ice-dev] ICE installations with preset PTP configurations

On Nov 18, 2016, at 12:04 PM, Jay Jay Billings <jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This will create the PTP connections, but not list them in the hosts table for VIBE. I'll get to work on a second file to add them to the hosts table as well. Is there a deadline on this? (i.e. - is it blocking your current release?)

The new VIBE release is due at the end of the month.  I have a workaround which is to install everything on the localhost.

I know two files to do this is not ideal, but each file is technically solving a different problem. We are already working through the process of merging how ICE and PTP do job launching, so at least in the future we won't have two files.

Jay

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Lebrun-Grandie, Damien T. <lebrungrandt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2016, at 5:34 AM, Greg Watson <greg@watson.earth> wrote:
>
> It’s possible to create remote connections programmatically, but I’m guessing you don’t want to do that.

No that’s not what I was looking for.  You guess it right.

> I tried simply copying the preferences into a new workspace and it seemed to be fine. Would that work for you? Otherwise I could add some functionality to load default connections from a text file or something similar.
>
> The contents of the preference file (called org.eclipse.remote.core.prefs) was:
>
> connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_ADDRESS_ATTR=localhost
> connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_IS_PASSWORD_ATTR=false
> connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_LOGIN_SHELL_COMMAND_ATTR=/bin/bash -l -c '{0}'
> connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_PORT_ATTR=22
> connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_TIMEOUT_ATTR=0
> connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_USERNAME_ATTR=gw6
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
>
> The string “Remote+Host” is a URL encoded version of “Remote Host”. I put this file in ${workspace_loc}/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings

I’ll give this a try.  Maybe I can preset a workspace and place these settings in it.

> Regards,
> Greg

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory