Re: [ice-dev] ICE installations with preset PTP configurations

It’s possible to create remote connections programmatically, but I’m guessing you don’t want to do that. I tried simply copying the preferences into a new workspace and it seemed to be fine. Would that work for you? Otherwise I could add some functionality to load default connections from a text file or something similar.

The contents of the preference file (called org.eclipse.remote.core.prefs) was:

connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_ADDRESS_ATTR=localhost
connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_IS_PASSWORD_ATTR=false
connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_LOGIN_SHELL_COMMAND_ATTR=/bin/bash -l -c '{0}'
connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_PORT_ATTR=22
connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_TIMEOUT_ATTR=0
connections/org.eclipse.remote.JSch/Remote+Host/JSCH_USERNAME_ATTR=gw6
eclipse.preferences.version=1

The string “Remote+Host” is a URL encoded version of “Remote Host”. I put this file in ${workspace_loc}/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings

Regards,
Greg