Re: [hono-dev] CoAP protocol adapter for Hono

In CoAP, both parties usually act as both, client and server.

If the protocol adapter wants to e.g. POST something to a resource on the device,
then the adapter is the client and the device is the server.

If the device then wants to publish e.g. its current sensor reading to the
adapter using a CoAP POST, the device acts as the client and the adapter as the
server. Does this help?

BTW I haven't seen a proposal from you on the GSoC proposals page (yet). Are you
aware of the March 27th deadline for proposals [1]?

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB
148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors:
Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn