Re: [hono-dev] Hono JMS adapter

Hi Kai,

I was referring to the things we were already discussed, like not being able to use different link and message addresses for producers and hyphens for ids and now correlations. It’s getting into the design decision more and more.

I see your point on the importance of the JMS on the data services side, but I’m not quite convinced that long term JMS should be something we should aim for (I’m not a big fan of Spring JMS to be honest for example). Vert.x Proton is a decent client and we can work to make it stable and feature complete (SASL support, etc.).

In my opinion (and I think I raised this before) the ideal case for Java world would be to provide a client library with Hono specific API that would give developers better experience.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY1) <Kai.Hudalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Do, 2016-06-23 at 13:02 +0000, Paolo Patierno wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as already said in the chat with Dejan and Dominik, we already
> decided (during the meeting) that Hono will be fully AMQP based so
> the related API as well.
> As specification, JMS isn't related to AMQP (they are on different
> abstraction layers) even if we have a JMS client which uses AMQP as
> underlying protocol but in order to adhere the specification
> introduces some limitations.
> I don't think that it could be a good idea to introduce such
> limitations in Hono.

Can somebody enlighten me regarding the "limitations" you guys seem to
anticipate?

> So I agree on handling JMS compatibility with an adapter but leaving
> Hono API more AMQP oriented.

Hono's API IS based on AMQP 1.0. Nobody question's this AFAIK.