Re: [hono-dev] Correlation of messages

Initially we designed the API to support the Message ID Pattern as this seems to be the preferred way to do this with AMQP 1.0. Maybe someone can confirm or disconfirm this? And this is how I implemented the request/response messages for the Device Registration API. Now I came across the fact that I cannot set an arbitrary message id using the Qpid JMS Client and read in the JMS specification, that the Message ID is generated by the client and not meant to be set by the user. The recommended way to do request/response with JMS is the Correlation ID Pattern.

Actually I do not prefer the one over the other, but I'm currently facing the question if we change the API and implementation to switch to the Correlation ID pattern to be compatible with JMS? So we are somehow back to the discussion "to JMS or not to JMS".

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dominik Guggemos

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Engineering Cloud Services (INST/ECS1)
Ziegelei 7
88090 Immenstaad
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de
www.blog.bosch-si.com

Tel. +49 7545 202-396
Fax +49 7545 202-301
dominik.guggemos@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn