Re: [higgins-dev] Draft Agenda for March 6 Higgins Developers call at12:00 Noon EST

Paul,

I think Jim put a question out on the list recently that nobody answered.  Perhaps we could give a minute to it in today's call.

We need to know what to do with fixes for defects we find for 1.0.0.  Should we check them into that branch?  Or do we just hold them for 1.0.1?  I think there is a reason to check minor bug fixes into 1.0.0 and do "service packs" or something like that.  We probably need a place for "minor" defect fixes where we don't have to worry about getting all of the "major" stuff (refactoring, etc.) that it sounds like might go into 1.0.1.

Thanks,

Daniel

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3/5/2008 4:24 PM >>>
Dial-in: 1-866-362-7064 / 892048#

Proposed Agenda
===============

1) [Mary, Brian] RSA interop planning
-------------------------------------
- Need separate entry for selector selector functionality
- Need GTK/Cocoa and RCP results to be posted here: [1]
- After all three selectors results are posted, we can collectively
  decide which failures to debug in what order.

2) [Mary] Higgins Download Pages
--------------------------------
- Discussion of requirements for (and audiences for)
  Higgins downloads pages

3) GTK/Cocoa Selector Builds
----------------------------
- When can start to include builds?
- These builds would be built remotely on Novell's build machines
- Today tire-kickers can't try out the Higgins (vanilla) Linux or OSX
  Selectors without first being redirected to the DigitalMe site as
  we're currently doing here:
  http://wiki.eclipse.org/GTK_and_Cocoa_Selector_Solution

4) RCP Selector Builds
----------------------
- Mike, what tasks remain before we have RCP executables?
- Brian, where did we get up to on feature builds?
- Today tire-kickers can't try out the Higgins RCP Selector

3) [Paul, Jeesmon] Selector Selector
------------------------------------
  Proposed next steps:
- Create a new component on the Components page
- Create wiki page for this component and describe latest HSS architecture
- Need to change the FF extension used by GTK/Cocoa to use HSS
  instead of directly launching the GTK/Cocoa Selector
- Need to port HSS to OSX (HSS is currently in Java)
- Need to port HSS to Linux (HSS is currently in Java)

5) [Mike] "extensible ISIP-M" i-card format spex
- Status?

6) [Paul] Node -> Entity
------------------------
- Shall we get this refactoring done for 1.0.1?
- Okay with you Jim?

7) [Paul] 1.0.1 Release planning (see [2])
-----------------------------------
- We changed 1.0.1 date to March 28
- Review/discussion

8) [Jim] Procedure for pushing fixes into 1.0 (see [4])

9) [Jim] IdAS data model as nodes (see [3])

10) [Paul] IdAS: Access Control Next Steps
- Discussion to decide next steps

11) Other topics?

-Paul

[1]