Re: [higgins-dev] preliminary work on "IdAS data model asnodes"

Jim,

>    The only way to represent extra information about the model of context elements is to revise these interfaces.

>  For example, say there's a need to associate an image with the attribute called

> “http://example.com/some/name/space#telephoneNumber” (this image might be used by a management UI).

> To make that association we need a new method like IAttributeModel.getManagementImage().

 There is a problem in your new proposed model. We need to know there is such an image associated with  “http://example.com/some/name/space#telephoneNumber” attribute. In other words we need to know about “http://example.com#telephoneNumber_Image” property, which  we can use to get an image. As a result, we need additional schema with information about this property (i.e. additional schema which will be used to describe an HOWL schema).

From the other hand, for existent IdAS, information about an image would be represented using metadata of attribute. IMetadataModel interface should be used to know there is “http://example.com#telephoneNumber_Image” metadata for “http://example.com/some/name/space#telephoneNumber” attribute. In this case both, the metadata type and the value of metadata of this type can be provided by the same HOWL schema. In the other words, IModel interfaces should describe which kind of nodes, attributes, metadata, values can the context contain, but real data (including image for attribute) should be represented by other interfaces.

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov