Re: [higgins-dev] [IdAS] use cases

The answer to my question (below) is "no". The attribute is attached to a specific service.algorithm pair, so using a generic "higgins" algorithm won't work. (There could only be type of ContextFactory service in a provider. That's a restriction we don't need and presumably don't want.)

Instead, Providers can use whatever name they want for the algorithm. If the user knows the name of a particular ContextFactory algorithm, then they can use it. Otherwise, they can search the DataFormats attribute to find the format they want.

As an example, I just created a HigginsProvider that has two ContextFactory services:
ContextFactory.LDAP DataFormats:LDAP
ContextFactory.Super  DataFormats:LDAP:RDF:SQL

...Greg

Context is a service type (abstract class), and its algorithm string is its URI -- an attribute "FactoryClass" specifies the class name of the ContextFactory that creates this type of context -- static method getInstance(URI) to create a Context object via a particular provider and factory -- Question: Is a provider allows to have several services with the same algorithm, but different attributes?