[higgins-dev] [IdAS] use cases

Here are some use cases for IdAS, relevant to our phone discussion today. In a later email, I will try to describe a way to use the Provider class (and its relatives) to implement these use cases.

1. User has URI of a Context and wishes to open it. There are no constraints on the provider.

2. User has URI of a Context and wishes to open it using a specific provider.

3. User wishes to determine which providers are available for a particular Context (URI).

4. User wishes to import a Context whose data is represented in a specific format (e.g., LDAP).

5. User wishes to find out which Contexts are available using the currently-installed providers.

Anyone with additional use cases should post them to the list.

...Greg

Back to the top