Re: [glassfish-dev] Will GlassFish 7.0 support running on Java SE 17?

https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaee-tck/job/master/1774 had 9058 test failures running Java 17, likely too many to examine without automation.  To make it worse, there are much noise like:

"
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /.gfclient/truststore (No such file or directory)

"

However the good news is that with ^ test run, I don't see the the [2] failure from an initial look.  Still, we have 9058 failures.  Thanks for the answer about Java SE 17, so we can look more closely at the output of https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaee-tck/job/master/1774.  The job didn't collect artifacts from each separate job so we just get the big 1 gig file.  I will start a new test run with fewer tests to see if that is better.

I started a EE 10 smaller test (only running `ejb30/lite/singleton`) run with Java SE 17 and the first test failure is caused by a deployment failure.  The deployment failure is preceded by a `java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException:Unable to make field private static javax.naming.spi.InitialContextFactoryBuilder javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.initctx_factory_builder accessible: module java.naming does not "opens javax.naming.spi" ` + `IllegalStateException: InitialContextFactoryBuilder already set`.

https://gist.github.com/scottmarlow/9d51e0c7e306c02070ed5e6c8cba0453 shows the `InaccessibleObjectException` error first #1 as that is the first error that occurs, the deployment failure is shown as #2.

The small JDK 17 test completed with 92 failures but we cannot expect tests to pass when deployment fails.  The test link is https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaee-tck/job/master/1780/ and the test result logs are at https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaee-tck/job/master/1780/artifact/ejb30_lite_singleton-results.tar.gz

Scott

Back to the top