[geowave-dev] GeoWave Data Store Questions

I'm having some problems with creating a GeoWave data store. I have two GeoServer 2.7 instances - one on CentOS and one on Ubuntu server and they're behaving the same way. I'm using the jar I built from master (0.8.8).

When I fill in the connection information, it just spins. I also note that it's not possible to get to the GeoServer logs in another tab. I had to restart Tomcat to be able to use the GeoServer pages again. The GeoServer logs don't show any indication of an issue related to GeoWave.

I see this error in the logs: WARN [zookeeper.ClientCnxn] - Session 0x0 for server 192.168.99.125/192.168.99.125:8080, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
java.io.IOException: Packet len1213486160 is out of range!

It repeats and then there's: WARN [data.store] - Error obtaining new data store
java.io.IOException: Error initializing datastore

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to connect to zookeeper (192.168.99.125:8080) within 2x zookeeper timeout period 30000

I ran nmap against port 2181 to make sure it's open. The error mentions :8080 though. That's Ambari on that server.

Also some questions for clarification:
1) Can the data source name be any arbitrary name?
2) Is there an expected timeout period where a failed connection returns back a message and the spinner on the page stops?
3) Googling the error indicates it may be related to zookeeper not having sufficient resources. I'm on a Hortonworks Sandbox and Zookeeper is green in Ambari. I'm to new with it to know how to troubleshoot well.

Any ideas on troubleshooting this? Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks,

  Scott

Back to the top