Re: [geomesa-dev] datastore api contract

Timeout as a separate connection parameter sounds like the absolute right call.

In terms of branches, for some of it, we need to do better about cleaning up after ourselves.;)

Other than that, occasionally a change in a version (especially for Accumulo/Hadoop) can require a code change.  We haven't gotten slick with integrating those issues with profiles quite yet.  Generally though, we've got room for improvement with our build.  Maybe we can chat about it at the LT Incubation sprint?

Cheers,

Jim