[epsilon-dev] [Concordance] Full build results in wrongly notifying listeners about changed/updated models

Hi all,

I have another issue, I would like to discuss:

In ConcordanceBuilder#fullBuild() the listeners are notified that a model is
present..?

At least that is what I get from this line of code:

if (categoriser.isModel(resource))

If the model is present, the listeners are notified that the model is removed
and added:

reporter.reportRemoval(model);
reporter.reportAddition(model);

Which is fine when the (concordance) index need to be refreshed, but
applications are signaled that the model is deleted (and might for example
close the corresponding editors...).
That the model is added immediately after this does not matter, as the editor
is (being) closed already.

I do not understand what the fullBuild() method is actually doing and why it
is required at all: Why does one need to update the index (assuming that this
is what the method is for) when a full build is done?

I suppose/propose, instead of removing/adding the model, a model refresh
method gets added for these kind of situations (assuming it is still a valid
situation).

Furthermore, assuming something is going to be changed, shall I open a bug
report, as this changes the (details of) the current implementation, which
might be of interest of Concordance users?

Cheers,
  Maarten

Back to the top