Re: [ee4j-pmc] Release process

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 9:24 AM Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wayne Beaton wrote on 1/15/20 9:16 AM:
> I believe, however, that the Eclipse EE4J PMC requires their projects to use
> Semantic Versioning. If we don't have this written down somewhere, we probably
> should.
I really hope that's not true.

Semantic versioning is a good idea, a really good idea, but having strict
semantic versioning be the law is going a step too far.

I cannot recall any decision in the PMC to require semantic versioning. I think we said that we encourage it somewhere, but I cannot find it in the minutes right now.

Ivar