Re: [ee4j-pmc] Jakarta EE releases in Maven Central

On 11/2/18 8:13 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
Lukas Jungmann wrote on 11/02/2018 11:15 AM:
On 11/2/18 6:32 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
Until we have Jakarta EE versions of all these specifications, the specification
vendor is still Oracle since these artifacts are conforming to the existing JCP
specifications.

This sounds logical to me. OTOH implication is the opposite of what has been
said in https://www.eclipse.org/lists/ee4j-build/msg00440.html

So I'm confused now... Luckily there seems to be only 2 options to choose from.

That message doesn't talk about the specification at all.  It's fine to
change the implementation vendor to Eclipse.

it does not talk about it directly, it's more or less a consequence of that - if vendor.name is changed as it says ie here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaxr-api/blob/master/pom.xml#L37

then it will be used as Specification-Vendor in manifest here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaxr-api/blob/master/pom.xml#L169

analogically:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jax-rpc-api/blob/master/pom.xml#L35
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jax-rpc-api/blob/master/pom.xml#L147

And I don't believe Oracle has assigned copyright in the javadocs to the
Eclipse Foundation so the copyright for the javadocs should reflect the
copyright owners of the corresponding source files, predominantly Oracle.

maven's javadoc plugin defaults to:

Copyright © {inceptionYear}–{currentYear} {organizationName}. All
rights reserved.

organizationName defaults to Eclipse Foundation, inceptionYear to 2017 and
currentYear to 2018 if inherited from parent and not overridden.

Based on what you've said, it should be overriden to:
Copyright © originalYear–{currentYear} Oracle. All rights reserved.

Right? Anyway, one more item to check while double-checking EE4J_8 branches
before passing them to jenkins...

I think that's a function of how you configure the Maven javadoc plugin.
But yes, at this point, I think the copyright owner should be Oracle, and
possibly others who have contributed.

the point is that there are projects which do not have explicitly defined javadoc configuration with the footer definition, so the javadoc plugin configuration with footer override should be added where missing. In the other words - no explicit configuration in the project => wrong copyright footer in generated javadoc

thanks,
--lukas

Back to the top