Re: [ecd-pmc] Committer election is now complete for Tina Kurian on Eclipse Che

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 10:40 PM Mario Loriedo <mario.loriedo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd also like to know what steps the Eclipse Che project is taking to attract committers from a more diverse group of companies.

We spend a lot of time triaging every issue and PR on GitHub, moderating the community chat and the mailing list and running the community call every week. We do propose engineers from any company as committers. We also participate in every Eclipse event to promote Che.

Although there is still room for improvements, we are definitely running the project in a way that any individual should feel welcome and any company should feel safe to participate in. That said, please don't hesitate to provide any advice to make the project more attractive.

I second what Mario says. In addition to the points he makes, members of the project are proactive in talking to other companies who express interest in the project to answer their questions and encourage them to make contributions.

Brian

Back to the top