Re: [dtp-dev] Recent Connectivity Changes

Hi Rob

1. below is back as an issue. I noticed this only on build, dtp-sdk_1.0M2_N091506-2.zip.

Regards
Anthos
rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey all,

Just writing to let you know of some changes recently checked into
connectivity.

1.  Synonym folder appearing for all databases.
This has been partially resolved.  It will now only appear under
DerbyCatalogSchema nodes in the DSE.  I have requested that the Derby SQL
model be updated to include a specialized Schema element which the content
provider can trigger off of.  This is will be required once offline
capabilities are added to DTP (because the persisted object is of type
Schema, the Synonym folder will not be displayed).

2.  Properties view integration with DSE.
I've added a properties view contributor for the DSE.  This will allow
extension to provide property content for their objects.  To have your
objects appear in the properties view, you simply need to have an adapter
registered against them for IPropertySource objects...voila.  I've added an
adapter for SQLObject's to the ...sqm.server.ui project, but have disabled
it pending fixes to the generated edit code (some objects have properties
listed which shouldn't be (e.g. the schema referenced by a database) and
many properties are editable (e.g. the schema referenced by a table)).  I
will enable this adapter once the changes have been made in model base.
Note, you should also make sure you implement
ICommonLabelProvider.getDescription() in you label provider extension as
this method is used to generate the title for the properties view when you
object is selected.

These changes have resulted in dependency changes to the following plugins:
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.ui
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity..ui.dse

Let me know if you have any problems.
Rob