Re: [data-dev] @Column Annotation in Jakarta Data

Hey Nathan, that's what I have on my mind as well.

Jakarta Data is an agnostic API, but it does not mean we should not have specific APIs or specializations.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 10:04 PM Nathan Rauh <nathan.rauh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don’t think that Column’s lack of pertinence to some database types should be grounds for excluding it.  It should be fine to standardize some API in Jakarta Data that will only apply to certain categories of database types or patterns.  Users of other database types to which it doesn’t apply can simply ignore and not use it.

That said, I’m also of the opinion (which might be in the minority) of preferring to see the Jakarta Persistence (JPA) specification continue to own and evolve the Entity model for relational databases, and the Jakarta NoSQL specification continue to own and evolve the Entity model for the various NoSQL database types, with Jakarta Data repositories allowing either set of Entity annotations to be chosen based on whether the repository is for a relational versus a NoSQL database type.

From: data-dev <data-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Graeme Rocher <graeme.rocher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 1:24 PM
To: data developer discussions <data-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [data-dev] @Column Annotation in Jakarta Data

Micronaut has @MappedProperty which can be interpreted in a database specific manner by the implementation but has no association with any particular database kind (like @Column) On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 7: 14 PM Werner Keil <werner. keil@ gmx. net

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender

You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd