Re: [data-dev] @Column Annotation in Jakarta Data

Micronaut has @MappedProperty which can be interpreted in a database specific manner by the implementation but has no association with any particular database kind (like @Column)

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 7:14 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike,

While that certainly shouldn’t be considered the blueprint for everything, Spring Data (nor Micronaut Data) has no Column annotation.

And Jakarta NoSQL supports all relevant types of NoSQL database, @Column pretty much only makes sense for Column-based systems, therefore I would not see that one as important.

Werner

Von: Michael Redlich
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2022 19:26
An: data developer discussions
Betreff: [data-dev] @Column Annotation in Jakarta Data

Folks:

I noticed on the Jakarta Data GitHub repository that there is no @Column annotation defined yet.

I compared the corresponding @Column annotations on the NoSQL and Persistence repositories and there are slight differences in the @Target annotation and there are additional declared methods in the Persistence version of @Column for RDBMS.

Question: how do we proceed in creating a Jakarta Data version of the @Column annotation to satisfy both the NoSQL and Persistence versions.  I can, for example, start by creating a basic annotation and we can proceed from there.

Thoughts?

All the best,

Mike.

--

Code, TestWrite, Cycle, Run, Drink, Sleep ... Repeat

Lead Java Queue Editor, InfoQ

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

he/him/his