Re: [dash-dev] Maven Repository at Eclipse

On 11 Mar 2011, at 19:56, Aaron Digulla <digulla@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> org.eclipse.core-I - Integration builds org.eclipse.core-N -
>>> Nightly builds
>>> org.eclipse.core-M - Milestone builds
>>
>> Suggest -SNAPSHOT in both cases. If necessary, we can partition the
>> repository in Nexus with 'nightly' and 'integration' to distinguish.
>
> Right now, I feel we should separate them. Any reason not to?

Nexus has the ability to split up into as many logical repositories as we want, and combine them in whatever ways are needed. So we could have:

/release - for org.eclipse.foo-1.2.3.RELEASE
/milestone - for org.eclipse.foo-2.0.0.M1
/nightly - for org.eclipse.foo-SNAPSHOT
/integration - for org.eclipse.foo-SNAPSHOT
/central - for proxying maven central for plugin(?) use.
/orbit - for hosting orbit approved libraries for non plugin use

I suggest we avoid snapshots in both the central and orbit repositories.

Alex

Back to the top