Re: [cosmos-dev] Data Manager and Broker interactions in i9

The 4 data managers are packaged in the same OSGi container in the demo for i8.  Again, it is just a design for making the demo easy to run.  They can be deployed on different machines as well.  We have loose coupling between data managers and the broker.

Data managers are "started" as the web server starts or as the OSGi container is started.  We don't have commands to start or stop data managers.  But it would make sense to support deregistration of data managers from the broker and maintain the information at the broker to make sure the data manager EPRs are all active.

What may change in terms of data manager deployment is the target environment.  We will support Tomcat as a deployment invironment in i9.  Do we want to package data managers for both environments in the demo, or should we just package data managers as web applications?  This is another discussion topic for the arch call.

_________________________
Hubert Leung
IBM Toronto Lab
hkyleung@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3382

"Mohsin, Jimmy" <Jimmy.Mohsin@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/04/2008 07:06 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Doma, Srinivas Reddy" <SrinivasReddy.Doma@xxxxxx>
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Data Manager and Broker interactions in i9

Team,

Another series of questions from Srinivas… These are interesting questions… and we need answers to enable QA to properly scope the i9 testing (ER 216529 Define scope and detail the i9 QA activities).  This is also a continuation of the thread of the Management Domain – Data Broker – Data Manager being “tightly-coupled”, at least in the current architecture….

Hubert / Sheldon / Mark,
Do you see this change between now and i11?  Should we talk about this in the next Arch call?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Query from Srinivas Doma

2.      Data Managers

-       During i8 iteration, we saw Data Managers are registering to default broker automatically?  I feel it should ask for Broker EPR and then

register, so that we can have broker running anywhere (local or remote machine)

-       Also all 4 Data Managers are getting up instantly with single command? Can we have some control over them in bringing up/down of desired data managers?

-       When we bring down Data Managers, why don’t it de-registers from broker? So that user cannot query for data on inactive data mangers.