Re: [che-dev] Java extension is getting bigger

It is a different discussion. One is how we can mix and match different extensions in the same container, the other is how we can target different JDK versions. In particular, there are probably literally 100s of different versions of the JDK. In an ideal world, we would be able to target each one of them. On the other hand, we would ideally only have one version of the JDK to run jdt.ls on (because then we would only have to test the tooling on one runtime).

Of course, it all servers the same purpose in the end, but technically, the two questions are very different.

/Thomas