Re: [che-dev] Managing website issues and source code in github?

Here's what I did:

2. fetch the Eclipse mirror as the origin:

git clone ssh://nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/www.eclipse.org/che.git www.eclipse.org__che
cd www.eclipse.org__che

3. Add my new fork as another replica:

git remote add nickboldt git@xxxxxxxxxx:nickboldt/www.eclipse.org__che.git

4. push content to the mirror:

git push -u nickboldt master

And voila!

There's also a way to run the Eclipse website in a docker container to make it easier to set up a dev env for testing pages, but ... I can't find where I documented that process. If that's useful to you I can ask around from the webmasters and see where the wiki page went.

Nick

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 7:13 PM Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 13/03/2019 15:51, Nick Boldt wrote:
> If you're an eclipse committer, you only need to do this:
>
> git clone
> ssh://eclipse-username-goes-here@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/www.eclipse.org/che.git
> <http://eclipse-username-goes-here@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/www.eclipse.org/che.git>
>
> then make your edits and submit a gerrit request for the change.
>
> git commit -s -m "there, I fixed it" badfile.txt
> git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master
>
> Your gerrit will then appear here:
>
> https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/q/project:www.eclipse.org/che
>
> Why do you need to import to github?

"Need" is strong. I want to use github issues and PRs to enable broader
participaton in the website maintenance. Right now, we have about 10-15
pages in the website, several of which need updates, and I would like to
use community-visible and accessible infrastructure to manage the
updates. In addition, I have enlisted the help of a colleague, and would
like to point him at a public resource rather than using a private
resource to manage our collaboration.

> If you want a copy of the repo, Eclipse Foundation can provide a synched
> one automatically into github, should you request one.
>
> Otherwise if you want it in your own fork, create an empty repo and
> simply push to that repo from the www.eclipse.org/che
> <http://www.eclipse.org/che> one.

I have tried to clone the repo to a privcate repo as a POC to know that
I can do this, but it has failed every time I have tried it for some reason.

Thanks,
Dave.

E: dneary@xxxxxxxxxx / T: @nearyd / Ph: +1-978-799-3338

--

Nick Boldt

Principal Software Engineer, RHCSA

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus

Back to the top