[che-dev] Questions around planned Kubernetes support in Che 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently evaluating Eclipse Che for use in Docker & Kubernetes development. I see that some Github issues like https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/12696 and https://github.com/eclipse/che/issues/10574 reference possible future Kubernetes support in Che 7, and I had some questions:

1) What is its planned scope? Is it mostly everything that the VSCode plugin can do, or a subset? Will it extend to a user being able to create a containerized project with Che, build it and deploy on Kubernetes?
2) On that note, will there be stack templates with Docker, Kubectl, etc installed? Or will the user need to set up their own stack with those utilities?
3) Is there a current status on when it will available in the nightly drivers of Che? Or are there any development drivers with some partial support available to test with?

4) Lastly, when is the Che 7 GA currently planned for? I saw some articles mention sometime in March, but I'm not sure how up-to-date that was.

Thanks!

Regards,

John Collier
Software Developer, Developer Experience & Eclipse Tools
IBM Canada

Back to the top