[che-dev] Che deployment on k8s infra with Helm CI

Please, notify interested sites if they are not receiving mails from che-dev mail list.

Hello. Recently we merged a PR that improves the configuration of Che deployed on kubernetes using Helm. Unfortunately, it introduced a bug that prevented the start of Che server. We found a proper fix and going to merge it when all the needed approvals and checks would be made.

But this uncovers a topic we had some time ago regarding Che CI on kubernetes infra. Actually, we don't have one. So, when someone contributes something he should check it on k8s. But contributors do not do this, unfortunately.
On the Openshift side, we check it by having a CI backed by Redhat.
To have stable Che on a kubernetes we need an ability to check PRs or at least do time-to-time runs of tests on the kubernetes.

I hope that lack of the CI is just result of contributors business and we didn't lose the interest in that.

--

OLEKSANDR GARAGATYI

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat