[che-dev] Question about agents, features and services

Hi,

I am a little confused about the roles and relation between agents, features, and services. I understand that at the moment workspace agents such as the terminal agent, ssh agent and some of the language servers work to allow a user to add additional functionality to a workspace beyond the recipe definition. I have also read a little about how features will consist of a collection of services and how these also serve to increase extensibility and to allow users to add functionality to a workspace. However, I am not sure how features/services will interact with agents. Will they ultimately take over the same functionality as agents?

Also, where do sidecars fit into all this?

Best,

Zak

Back to the top