Re: [che-dev] Release plans

On 10/13/2017 01:24 AM, Brad Micklea wrote:
Can we not make Che 6 master and 5.19 a side branch so if we need patches on 5.19 they’re done on that branch only and all other features go to master?  SPI, IDE changes, etc... would all be PRs to master.

Here come my 0.02CHF.

So we create a branch "5x-bugfix" off the 5.19.0 tag. No featurework is done in 5.x-bugfix. Then merge spi-branch into master. 5.x-bugfix becomes the branch we base our releases on until master is again stable enough to can spin releases off it.

I think we all agree that Che-6 is the new hotness and we all want to move to that as soon as feasible, right? I guess what the openshift-che team is worried about is this:

1. When is Che 6 good enough to be used on openshift.io?

2. Do we need to port features in rh-che from che-5 to che-6? How long is that going to take?

3. Is there stuff in che/master that is not in che/spi?

The main question is: when will we (openshift-che) be able to resume delivering value based on che-6? If the answer is: "December", we have a problem, if it is "next week", nobody cares.

/Thomas

Back to the top