Re: [che-dev] Release plans

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Mario <mario.loriedo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
4. Any new feature has to be added as PR to che6 branch.

Are you sure that is really what we want?
I think we do.
Why?
1. Do not spend resources for something not really important. Like testing 5.x Codenvy.
2. More active usage of version 6.x
3. Do not spend time on fixing merge conflicts.
4. Faster collect feedback on 6.x

Let's say that che6 is merged in december for example. We are not going to add any feature to upstream Che (and therefore to OSIO) between now and december. And what if instead of december it's february?
I realy want to merge it this sprint.

Do we really want any features (chefile, _javascript_ API, jdt.ls, sidecars etc..) to be blocked by the SPI? It doesn't look like a good choice and not something we have agreed during last community call.

SPI I think it's only part of the iceberg. There is already many changes and improvements in IDE as well. And I do think that many of the features you've described don't make sense to even start on Che 5.

@Mario @Florent
Maybe there is a list of near-to-ready(let's say next week) features that missed 5.19 window and you want to release it very quickly
Like this one
We may think about very quick 5.20
WDYT?