Re: [che-dev] Github repositories

Good catch. It can be a part of our Q2 objectives.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Florent Benoit <fbenoit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   Hello Sergii,

So it seems we can divide repositories with
- "very slow changes" repository : maven-parent (or maven configuration) : Parent
    because each time this repository is updated, we need to update parent versions of repository modules

- "few changes" : third party dependencies. No dependencies to che

- heavy changes: che : dependencies to parent and to some external third parties

then
about #1, I would move tomcat8 assembly of che-dev-resources to a "third-party-code" repositories as it's not linked to a maven configuration but it's more producing standalone artifacts

and I don't see anymore the need of a "single dependencies management" repository as it was to manage dependencies between che-* repositories versions.
it can be then embedded as a module or directly part of che repository and produce as well BOM module to be imported by end users or OEM

so either ppl can inherit or import the versions for their own use from the module but it doesn't stay anymore in its own repository
But I would say it's more interesting to have "external import" than inheritance.

one big reason to get rid of this repository is that it will avoid to produce CI failures and is more compliant with maven rules where you only set versions without SNAPSHOT to available artifacts. (for now versions are updated in dependency management file before the artifacts are ready, leading to some CI failures during the a short timeframe before artifacts are released)

Florent