[che-dev] Plugins API

Hello everyone,

I'm not entirely sure this is the right place to ask.

I tried the beta and I am impressed. Looks and feels very nice. I am interested in writing plugins to support additional languages, but I am a bit confused about how these work.

I see that the Java plugin has a lot of JDT code, which is nice, but there is also a lot of more generic code (for example ide/ext/java/jdt/text classes have no special Java relation). Am I supposed to copy those in my project if I don't want to depend on the JDP plugin? Wouldn't these classes feel more at home in generic "lang-support" plugins, so that unnecessary duplication is avoided?

Also, I can't find any API for services like code completion, so I suppose that there is no generic code for those and each language has to provide its own support from scratch. Wouldn't it be nice to have something generic for those too?

Maybe this kind of evolution is planned for later, but since I couldn't find more detailed information, I think I will be forgiven to be asking. The worst case scenario is that I will get pointed to documentation that was there but I couldn't see :-)

best regards,
Vlad

Back to the top