Re: [cf-dev] Repo and milestone status

> sorry for causing the mess with the "unsynced" milestones of Element
> Connector & Scandium :-(

No worries! It's great that things are pushed forward and it's more my lack of time for the project.

> May be we can kill two birds with the same stone by introducing time-boxed
> releases for Californium, i.e. we do a release every 6 - 8 weeks? This way we
> would have both a release plan as well as some means to make sure that all
> releases are in sync regarding version and compatibility...

Hmm, this sounds a bit like an artificial release plan just for the sake of having one, no? Would it help with the Leshan development? I think the current approach is quite lightweight and very practical: things are mostly "event-driven" and Leshan is currently the main customer to identify issues and trigger the release events.

With proper release plan, I have a feature roadmap in mind that maps to a implementation/release schedule. I would love to have the GiHub Issues back to collect, discuss, and prioritize these features (e.g., fixing the proxy with a proper design---currently it is a quick and dirty port of the old implementation to the new Cf architecture, TCP binding, Android, ....). Simon is using Trello, maybe that's an option for us committers at least to get this going?

Best I start a new thread to revive the face-to-face ;)

Ciao
Matthias

Back to the top